- "I'm Ka-Zar, Lord of the Savage Land, pal... that name carries considerable honor in some parts of the jungle."
|"A Lovely Day for an Execution!"|
|Ka-Zar the Savage|
|Title:||"A Lovely Day for an Execution!"|
|Cover date:||June, 1982|
|Pencilers:||Brent Anderson; Armando Gil|
|Cover artists:||Brent Anderson|
|Cover inker:||Brent Anderson|
|Previous:||Ka-Zar the Savage #14|
|Next:||Ka-Zar the Savage #16|
"A Lovely Day for an Execution" is the title to the first story featured in issue #15 of the Ka-Zar the Savage ongoing comic book series published by Marvel Comics. The story was written by Bruce Jones with artwork and inks by Armando Gil. It was colored by Don Warfield and lettered by Janice Chiang. The second story is a "Tales of Zabu" feature titled "Blood Brothers". It was written by Bruce Jones with artwork by Val Mayerik, coloring by Don Warfield, and lettering by Janice Chiang. Both stories were edited by Louise Jones. This issue shipped with a June, 1982 cover date and carries a cover price of .75 cents per copy.
Races & Animals
- Styracosaurus (In flashback only)
"Tales of Zabu: Blood Brothers" Edit
- Ku-La (Only appearance; dies)
- Kevin Plunder (Cameo appearance only)
Races & Animals
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Kevin Plunder was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby. He first appeared in The X-Men, Volume 1 #10 in March, 1965.
- In addition to the cover art, Brent Anderson also does thumbnail layouts on the interior art.
Body Count Edit
- Mele - Accidentally speared at the end of last issue.
- Ku-La - Head smashed in by Maa-Gor for messing around with Maa-Gor's woman.
- Maa-Gor - Status unknown; possibly died of injuries sustained from gunshot wound. Never seen again.
Recommended Reading Edit
- Ka-Zar, Volume 1
- Ka-Zar, Volume 2
- Ka-Zar, Volume 3
- Ka-Zar the Savage
- Shanna, the She-Devil, Volume 1