|Continuity:||Texas Chainsaw Massacre|
|First:||Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The|
|Final:||Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The|
Drayton Sawyer, most commonly referred to as simply, "The Cook", is a fictional psychopath and cannibal featured in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre film series. He was introduced in the original 1974 horror classic, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, where he was played by actor Jim Siedow. Siedow reprised the role of the Cook in the sequel film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 in 1986, which proved to be the actor's final work in film.
Notes & Trivia
- The character of Drayton Sawyer was created by director Tobe Hooper and writer Kim Henkel.
- Drayton's counterpart in the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre revival series is Charlie Hewitt.
- In both of his appearances, the character is credited only as The Cook. In The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, he is identified by name as Drayton Sawyer, making him the first member of the Sawyer family to ever be addressed by an actual name.
- Drayton Sawyer's last known occupation was as a rolling grill chef at The Last Round-Up.
- Won the Grand Champion trophy of the Texas/Oklahoma Chili Cook-off held in Dallas, Texas two years in a row.
It is believed by many that the Sawyers may be inbred. There is no concrete evidence of any sort of incest in the family lineage, though the exact relationship between each member is subject to interpretation.
- Bubba Sawyer: Brother; youngest of the Sawyer siblings; also known as Leatherface.
- Nubbins Sawyer: Brother; also known as the Hitchhiker; younger sibling.
- Chop-Top Sawyer: Brother; Twin brother to Nubbins; younger sibling.
- Grandpa Sawyer: Grandfather; barely alive and looks more like a living corpse than a person.
- Mama Sawyer: Mother; Nothing is known of this woman save that her remains were kept in a rocking chair in the Sawyer farmhouse.
- Great-Grandma Sawyer: A large woman whose rotting remains were kept by the Sawyer family and moved to their underground sanctuary.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The (1974); Full appearance; as Old man.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The (1986); Full appearance; as Cook.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait (1988); Archival footage.