| Series Arrow|
Season 8, Episode 1
|Air date||October 15th, 2019|
|Writers||Beth Schwartz; Marc Guggenheim|
|Producers||Oscar Balderrama; James Bamford; Greg Berlanti; Jill Blankenship; Marc Guggenheim; Deric A. Hughes; Onalee Hunter Hughes; Jennifer Lence; Jordan Menn; Carl Ogawa; Emilio Ortega Aldrich; Todd Pittson; Benjamin Raab; Sarah Schechter; Beth Schwartz|
|Starring||Stephen Amell; David Ramsey; Rick Gonzalez; Juliana Harkavy; Katherine McNamara; Ben Lewis; Joseph David-Jones; LaMonica Garrett|
"You Have Saved This City"
"Welcome to Hong Kong"
"Starling City" is the first episode of season eight of the superhero action series Arrow and the 161st episode of the series overall. It was directed by James Bamford with a script written by Beth Schwartz and Marc Guggenheim. It first aired on the CW Network on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
|Stephen Amell||Green Arrow, Oliver Queen|
|David Ramsey||John Diggle|
|Rick Gonzalez||Rene Ramirez|
|Juliana Harkavy||Dinah Drake|
|Katherine McNamara||Mia Smoak|
|Ben Lewis||William Clayton|
|Joseph David-Jones||Connor Hawke|
|LaMonica Garrett||Mar Novu|
Guest Starring Edit
|Katie Cassidy||Black Siren, Laurel Lance|
|John Barrowman||Malcolm Merlyn|
|Josh Segarra||Adrian Chase|
|Andrea Sixtos||Zoe Ramirez|
|Charlie Barnett||John Diggle, Jr.|
|Colin Donnell||Tommy Merlyn|
|Hugo Ateo||Alberto Vazquez|
|Tegan Verheul||Not Felicity|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Oliver Queen was created by writer Mort Weisinger and artist George Papp. He first appeared in the third story in More Fun Comics #73 in November, 1941. Arrow was developed for television by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.
- This episode is production code number T27.13951.
- As of this episode, Emily Bett Rickards is no longer associated with the program. The character of Felicity Smoak is said to be living in a remote location raising baby Mia. A Felicity look-a-like makes a small appearance in this episode.
- Actress Katie Cassidy is given a "Special appearance by..." credit in this episode.
- Actress Susanna Thompson is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actor John Barrowman is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actor Josh Segarra is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actor Colin Donnell is given a "Special Guest Star" credit during the end-credit sequence of this episode.
- The events of this episode are a build-up that leads into the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event that airs December, 2019 to January, 2020.
- Earth-2 is an alternate reality featured in the DC Television Universe. appeared on the CW Network series The Flash, and was first seen in the second episode of season two, "Flash of Two Worlds".
- Reference is made to Bruce Wayne in this episode. Bruce Wayne is also known as the caped superhero Batman. This episode establishes that there is a Bruce Wayne on Earth-2.
- Oliver Queen tells Adrian Chase to change his code name from The Hood to Green Arrow. Queen was dubbed The Hood in the first three seasons of the series.
- Reference is made to Walter Steele in this episode. Walter Steele was Moira Queen's second husband on Earth-1.
- Mar Novu: Among the many misconceptions that humanity holds dear is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those who are greater. They are called heroes. But even among heroes, there are different echelons. The highest belong to those called the Paragons. And they are the only hope for all creation.
See also Edit
External Links Edit